Welcome to TechFuture Classroom
The award-winning free-to-use learning hub of digital skills’ projects and challenges co-developed with employers for Key Stages 3-5 students.
From here, you can register for access to the learning hub, which includes Countdown to Chaos - the new, first-person simulation, played against the clock to find the mastermind behind a cyber-attack, giving students a taste of life working in the cyber industry.
- Designed for 11-14 year olds, this exciting resource places your students in role of the Government’s counter-security chief. Through a mix of news flashes, instant messaging and challenges, students will be the decision-maker to direct, and stop the hacker.
- It’s flexible, and can be completed either as a class-based activity or by providing students with individual access so they can work on it at home or in an after-school club.
- Played out in four ‘acts’, the game can be completed in half a day or over a series of lessons.
- Once students successfully complete the learning and assessment, they’ll earn a digital badge created by Cisco, the world’s largest networking company. Students can add the badge to their Mozilla backpack.
- As a teacher, you’ll have access to support materials, both for the game and on the topic of cyber security. Once registered, you’ll also have access to whole TechFuture Classroom suite of learning resources.
- Countdown to Chaos has been created by TechFuture, with generous support from the Department for Business, Innovation and Skills (BIS).
Last modified: Thursday, 2 June 2016, 4:44 PM